Join Friends of FIRE (FOF)
Friends of FIRE is an organization comprised of parents and other parish and school community members who value inclusive education and are dedicated to raising funds, building awareness and expanding inclusive education initiatives within their parish communities. Members come together five to six times each year to assist with events and fundraising initiatives and to share information about resources that promote student learning and family success. All parents whose children benefit from FIRE funding are asked to participate. Membership is open to everyone who believes in FIRE’s mission and wishes to offer time and resources to support inclusive Catholic education.
Friends of FIRE members are champions of inclusion. A Friend of FIRE Liaison is appointed to serve as a link from the Foundation to each FIRE partner school. Friends of FIRE meetings are scheduled throughout the school year to share information and to promote connections among families.
Friends of FIRE School Liaison
FIRE is a non-profit organization that provides financial grants to qualifying partner schools within the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph to assist with the cost of special education teachers, para-educators, materials and equipment. FIRE’s mission is to provide children with special needs the opportunity for an inclusive Catholic education in their home parish schools. Friends of FIRE plays a critical role in helping the Foundation raise money for inclusive Catholic education.
The Friends of FIRE (FOF) School Liaison is a volunteer / part-time role. The FOF School Liaison serves as a direct link from the FIRE Office to the school community and is the “face of FIRE” at the school level. The School Liaison communicates with the partner school’s FOF constituency about meetings, education opportunities, fundraising initiatives and works closely with the partner school principal and Special Education coordinator to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of issues, opportunities and expectations. The FOF School Liaison elevates support and strengthens capacity to fulfill FIRE’s mission at partner schools.
- Understanding of FIRE’s mission and impact on school communities
- Commitment to the stewardship model for funding of inclusive Catholic education
- Past and current participation in Friends of FIRE activities
- Past attendance and/or volunteer involvement in FIRE fundraising events
- Coordinate / manage Friends of FIRE sign up at the beginning of a new school year (packet day or back-to-school night)
- Annually, speak briefly at Masses and/or back-to-school night about FIRE, the benefits / responsibilities of being a partner school
- Provide updated contact information (names, addresses, phone, email) of FIRE supporters / stakeholders to FIRE Office.
- Promote FIRE events and initiatives at the parish/school level through websites, bulletins, newsletters and other available communications tools.
- Coordinate FIRE Ball Week Activities and raffle ticket sales
- Encourage and coordinate auction donations for FIRE Ball and Purses with Purpose.
- Promote Play with FIRE Golf Tournament and encourage participation (Spring)
- Promote Purses with Purpose and encourage participation (Summer)
- Promote and attend Friends of FIRE Meetings
Part-time, volunteer position. Flexible based on current needs, event schedule and school calendar. Time required may increase occasionally, especially during weeks leading up to major events.
20 W. 9th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105
816.756.1858 x252 / Susan Williams – [email protected]